Friday, December 9, 2011

Surprise!

Well another fun filled week is winding down.  We had a great time celebrating our daughters 4th birthday.  With holidays around the corner it makes for a busy month. Last year I had promised her a princess castle cake but because of our new baby it had to be put on hold.  This year it was not forgotten especially by her.  We’ve spent months planning on colors, with sparkles or without, with flowers or with out and the choices went on and on.  We spent over an hour at the local cake and candy store choosing everything very carefully.  It was fun to watch her decision making skills in action. 
Luckily I not only love creating these types of cakes but the reaction on her face is always priceless. I do feel like I got a sneak peek of what it will be like when the day comes when she's planning her wedding.  It should be interesting to say the least! Well all the choices came together and I do believe she received a castle fit for our little princess.  Not only was it cute on the outside but the inside was a bit of a surprise for all of our party goers. Rainbow cake! I think she had just as much fun telling everyone about how there was going to be a surprise inside the cake for everyone.  I’ll post the picture below so you can get a taste of what I do on my Saturday nights before a birthday. 

I’ll also pass along my little tip so you to can add a little rainbow surprise into your cake and cupcakes.
Since we are talking about surprises I have a cute hot cocoa candle for you to make that will surprise everyone.  It looks so real they may pick it up for a drink.
Last but not least a great way to pop into Christmas dinner.  How about some foolproof popovers?  They taste great and look cool too!!
Have a safe and productive week!


No comments:

Post a Comment