Friday, December 2, 2011

Staying Healthy

Well we are officially into the holiday season and what better way to start it out than to come down with a cold.  It is now passing through the last member of our family so hopefully we will be rid of germs for a long while.  Luckily it was a fast moving bug that came and went quick.  I know others are not quite as lucky so what better way to nurse a cold than a nice hot bowl of Chicken Soup.  
I have tried so many Chicken Soup recipes I could probably wallpaper a room with all the printouts. I also have just as many dumpling recipes. As always I started with the most complex since I love trying strange and weird recipes but I have always came back to my most simple and all time favorite.  So after years of trying different concoctions I have come to the conclusion that the best recipe is the simple recipe.  
So if your feeling a little under the weather this recipe makes a big batch of soup that will last for days.  It will get you feeling better in a jiffy and you wont have to cook for a few days with all the leftovers.  Gotta love it.
My craft this week is also super simple.  Its an easy way to turn a simple glass hurricane candle holder into a festive decoration or centerpiece for any occasion or holiday.
Also a quick tip on how to speed up your cleaning process when peeling those carrots your going to need for your homemade chicken soup.
Stay healthy and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment