Friday, January 13, 2012

Secrets

Well as always this week I was busy trying some new recipes and I've came to the conclusion that some of the chefs on Food Network have secrets.  Yes, for some reason they are unable to give their entire recipe or they have some kind of super powered kitchen utensils and appliances.  Why is it that they can cook things in record time?  I have made so many recipes that they claim can be made in 25 minutes and 40 minutes into baking my side dishes are getting cold and my main course is raw.  Maybe they just enjoy undercooked food??  Now I know I am no master chef but some recipes just seem a little suspicious.


Also a note to everyone with secret family recipes.  I respect an outstanding secret family recipe probably more than the average person but if it really is secret please tell me in advance.  As I said I can respect that. I will also respect it enough to never ask again. But please do me and everyone else a favor and don't pretend to pass along Great-Great-Great Grandma MIllie's mouth watering recipe only for me to try ten different times to duplicate it, with only a disappointing knock in the end.  After the tenth time I start to relies that a key ingredient must have been "accidentally" left out. Its just not right. Some people get very excited to run home and duplicate recipes. I know I may be one of the few that do but it really is heart breaking. Alright not heart breaking but it is frustrating.


So to some it up: If you have something great... pass it on with the happy thought that your recipe may become their new family recipe that goes down in history! At this point I promise that nothing is left behind on this site. All recipes have been made and remade until I think its great enough to pass on, so you and your family can enjoy them.


With that said one I am happy to pass along one of the great recipes I came across this week (the other needs a lot of tweeking so look for it in a couple weeks).  Berry Pavlovas are a dessert that you can make with ingredients you are almost guaranteed to have on hand. This is an impressive looking and tasting dessert, that would not only be great to serve to the family but also for a dinner party or romantic dinner for two.


My tip this week is a great way to get kids to ask for a heathy snack. They want chips? You can give them chips and feel good about it.


Have a positive and happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment