Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas is just around the corner....

Okay i’m not sure when it happened but this Christmas season really snuck up on me. I looked on my calendar for something only to relies that Christmas is next weekend.  All I know is I have a lot to do in a very little amount of time.  
Christmas cookies are always nice and I have my list made of which ones I want to bake but I thought I had a couple weeks to make my last minute selections.  Christmas presents are mostly bought but only a few are wrapped but again I thought I had a couple weeks to finish up.  Well my couple week just turned into one week and now I’m feeling the pressure. 
You better believe my daughter will remember that I promised her we would make the ever so complicated gingerbread men.  So wether I like it or not I will have to slow it down and take the time to decorate each and every little guy. 
As I write this and get stressed out over what still has to be done I am seeing another reason why kids are so very special.  They help us reign it in and focus.  We eventually learn or should I say, hopefully learn, that its these little moments (like making gingerbread men) where we slow down and take our time that stick with us and them forever!
So with that said I am promising myself that I will slow down and enjoy the holiday for everything that it is and for its true Christmas meaning. 
Now to help you with your slowing down I will pass along a craft that you probably already know how to do..... you just may need a little memory jog. As your adding your newest winter craft into your repertoire you can have your melt in your mouth pot roast cooking away in your oven. Last but not least I super simplified all your possible questions you may have about the four main types of salt we are always hearing about under my tab labeled as tips.
Wishing everyone a very productive yet meaningful week before Christmas!
P.S. As I promised I added a couple tips into my hot cocoa candle.  After making a couple more a found a few little tips you may find helpful.  All the added tips will be in green so they will be easy to spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment